miércoles, 6 de abril de 2011

PULPO COMICS

In 2004, certain morning, I received a call from Bernardo Fernández, better known in the comic book underworld as Bef, who kindly invited me to take part in the Sci-Fi anthology "Pulpo Cómics", a homage to a comic book legend, German Butze's "Los Supersabios". I accepted immediatly and told him that I'd participate with a short story, the truth is that I never imagined which other artists had Bef gathered and when I saw the finished book, I really liked it a lot. I treated a problem in which I intend to give an important message that is the spark to fantasize in people; and that that spark has to do with our evolution, as spiritual as technological. What was hilarious for me was a comment that Bef made in an interview made by a mutual friend, in which he said it had been weird for him that I had take part an most of all with an "acid and political" comic. It had lot of grace for me because though I specialize in children, everyone beleives that my subjects are infantiloid, but the truth is that I always purge profound subjects and criticize society... he he he. I think the cover of my cartoonish style make that my colleagues, that are not Functional illiterates, don't even research on the subjects I deal with.



En el 2004, cierta mañana recibí la llamada de Bernardo Fernández, mejor conocido en el hampa comiqueril como Bef, el cual amablemente me invitó a participar en la antología de Ciencia Ficción "Pulpo Cómics" en homenaje de un cómic mexicano legendario "Los Supersabios" de Germán Butze. De inmediato acepté y le dije que participaría con una historia corta, la verdad nunca supe a que otros artistas había llamado Bef y cuando ví el libro terminado, me gustó mucho. Traté un tema en el cual intento dar el mensaje de lo importante que es la chispa fantasiosa en las personas y que esa chispa tiene que ver en nuestra evolución tanto espiritual como tecnológica. Lo que me causó gracia es un comentario de Bef en una entrevista que le hizo un amigo mutuo, en el que se le hacía raro que yo hubiera participado y sobre todo con un cómic "ácido y político", y me causó gracia ya que aunque me dedico a los niños, todo mundo cree que mis temas son infantiloides, pero la verdad siempre meto temas profundos y de crítica a nuestra sociedad...je jeje, creo que la fachada de mi estilo caricaturezco hace que mis colegas que no son analfabetas disfuncionales, ni siquiera investiguen de los temas que trato.





No hay comentarios.: