viernes, 1 de abril de 2011

SPEED RACER / METEORO

In other parts, in the USA, i did the art for an special classical 'Speed Racer' 3D comic for Now Comics and afterwards 10 issues of 'The New Speed Racer' (1992-1993). I did pencils and inks for all this issues. As an anecdote, when I got to the Comic-Con '90, I saw in the official convention book the advertisement of the future 'Speed Racer' launch. They used the cover of issue 0, in which I did not participate, but my name was in the credits. Surprised, I went to the Now Comics booth and asked them if there had been a mistake, because I wasn't an artist for them, then. They said that they were familiar with my work on Astroboy for Right Stuf, but because they didn't have my contact data or phone, they thought that by doing this they would get my attention, contact me and offer me the job. They knew that I attended Comic-Con each year and visited in their booth to get job interviews. It was an honor to be trusted like that, also was my first title assignment on the USA. I remember that when my copies arrived, Humberto Ramos was at my house and said at the time that he was looking forward to work for our north relatives. The rest is history.

Por otro lado, en Estados Unidos, dibujé un cómic especial de 3D del clásico Speed Racer, para Now Comics y después 10 números de, The New Speed Racer (1992-93). En todos estos números tracé y entinté. Como anécdota, cuando llegué a la Comic Con del 90, vi en el libro oficial de la convención, que estaba la publicidad del próximo lanzamiento de Speed Racer y para ello utilizaron una portada del número 0 en la cual yo no participé pero en los créditos venía mi nombre. Sorprendido, me dirigí al stand de Now Comics y les pregunté que si no había habido una equivocación ya que yo no dibujaba para ellos y les comenté sobre mi nombre en los créditos, a lo que me respondieron que conocían mi trabajo de Astroboy para Right Stuf, pero como no contaban con mi teléfono y demás datos, se atrevieron a poner mi nombre en los créditos de esa publicidad porque sabían que yo asistía a San Diego cada año, y los visitaba siempre en su stand para buscar trabajo, entonces pensaron que sólo así llamarían mi atención para poder contactarme y ofrecerme la chamba. Fue un honor que me tuvieran esa confianza y además fue mi primer cómic en E.U.A., recuerdo que cuando me llegaron mis copias, Humberto Ramos estaba en mi casa y me comentó que él también quería trabajar para los primos del norte. Lo demás es historia.











0 comentarios

No hay comentarios.: