miércoles, 6 de abril de 2011

SASKUNAH THE MAYAN/ SASKUNAH EL MAYA


"Saskunah the Mayan" is my second oldest project (1978), to do it I spent three years studying several books in Mexico's City Antropology Museum; rare books that are not easily found outside of the museum's library, and of course I researched on books that I got as reference, besides visiting several of the Archaelogical sites in the Mayan Area of the country. It's (the Mayan) aculture that has always captivated me and feel ultra-proud that it had developed in Mexican soil. This motivated me to develope "Saskunah the Mayan", where I'll deal with situations that many archaeologists and anthropologists have discarded, I'm more into the mistical part than the historical. Even though many researchers claim to know much about this culture, not more than 10% of it is known, of course I'll deal with situations on the traditional history side, but the particularity and the quality of the title, it'll have also it's fantasy doses.



"Saskunah el Maya" es mi segundo proyecto más antiguo (1978), para hacerlo me pasé tres años estudiando varios libros en " El Museo de Antropología de la Ciudad de México", libros muy raros que no se encuentran tan fácilmente fuera de la biblioteca del museo, y por supuesto también investigué en libros que fui adquiriendo como referencia, a parte de visitar varias de las zonas arqueológicas de la Riviera Maya. Es una cultura que siempre me a cautivado y me siento ultraorgulloso de que en territorio Mexicano se haya desarrollado. Esto me motivo a desarrollar "Saskunah el Maya", en donde trataré situaciones que muchos de los arqueólogos y antropólogos han desechado, me voy más por la parte mística que por la histórica ya que aunque muchos investigadores alegan conocer mucho sobre esta cultura, no se sabe ni el 10 % de ella, claro que trataré situaciones de la historia tradicional, pero con la particularidad y las cualidades del cómic, tendrá también sus dósis de fantasía.














No hay comentarios.: