miércoles, 6 de abril de 2011

STAR COMICS AND DISNEY COMICS

In 1989, when the children comic book division of Marvel, 'Star Comics', still existed; then Editor Fabian Nicieza sent me some trial scripts of Alf, Danger Mouse, Count duckula and Mighty Mouse to test my potential. He liked them a lot, but when he was about to hire me, unfortunately, Star Comics collapsed. Things not always work out, and that's what an artist must consider always. The important thing is that my work got considered and that was an earning.

En 1989 cuando todavía existía la división de cómics para niños de Marvel Comics, "Star Comics", el entonces editor Fabian Nicieza me mandó guiones de prueba de Alf, Danger Mouse, Conde Pátula y Super Ratón para ver mi potencial, le gustaron mucho...pero cuando estaba a punto de contratarme, desgraciadamente que truena "Star Comics". No siempre salen las cosas y es lo que un artista debe tomar en cuenta siempre, lo importante es que tomaron en cuenta mi trabajo y eso ya es ganancia.

ALF


DANGER MOUSE



MIGHTY MOUSE



The same thing happened a year later with Disney Comics where I trialed for 'Chip n' Dale, Rescue Rangers', back then the then-editor Len Wein liked my work. These comic book series didn't last longer either.

Lo mismo sucedió un año después con Disney Comics donde hice pruebas para "Los Rescatadores", en ese entonces a Len Wein que estaba como editor de Disney fue al que le gustó mi chamba. Esta serie de cómics no duró mucho tampoco.



Marvel didn't give me Model Sheets or reference material, they only had the comic books, and to be honest, they weren't accurate with the characters. So I had to look up reference material whenever I could; Internet wasn't available in those days yet.

En Marvel no me dieron hojas de modelo ni referencias, no tenían más que los cómics y la verdad no eran muy fieles que digamos a los personajes. Así que tuve que buscar por donde se pudiera, en ese tiempo no había internet todavía.

No hay comentarios.: